You must be logged in
Chalet Himalaya is a unique haven in ski heaven. An old soul married sensitively to the most luxurious modern comforts imaginable, Himalaya is a former monastery, dating from the 17th century. Situated on the piste it is a landmark building of the charming un-spoilt hameau of La Daille in Val d' Isere.
Entering Chalet Himalaya, a pair of majestic carved antique doors greets the visitor in a white marble and stone hall. These open onto a stylistic paradise where light and dark marble mix with carved and painted wood, glass and stone contrast with abundant furs and antique pieces, to create a seductive ambience which is both impressive and warm.
Original features such as the massive fireplace and the stunning window stone seats (where monks would have sat and read until daylight faded) are enhanced by modern ornamental features and state of the art facilities. There is the movie screen which appears at the touch of a button. Then there is the invisible swimming pool which can pop up between the dining area and the cigar room, where guests can relax after sampling the delights prepared by their chef.
All bedroom suites have under floor heating with independent controls, and include separate sleeping and relaxation areas. The exquisitely comfortable hand-made hardwood king size (or twin) beds are enhanced with antique carvings which frame the bevelled mirror features, artfully concealing discreet reading lamps when not in use.
The marble walls of the bath are adorned with delicately engraved snowflakes, while the floor of each bath is subtly heated. The bath, of such impressive proportions that it is classified under French building rules as a ‘swimming pool', also commands a rain shower and converts into a steam room - easily seating up to 4 or more persons, with remote-controlled lights.
In addition, each room also features a fur or leather-covered day bed to lounge on, complete with sunken ice bucket multi-mode sockets. A stone-surround metal fireplace with real flames that can be modulated by remote control adds to the ambience in each room.
Domaine Toit du Monde is made up of Himalaya and Toit du Monde. Suitable to be booked together or separately, Domaine Toit du Monde is suitable for accommodating larger groups of up to 16 guests and Toit du Monde can sleep up to 8 guests.
Prices are based on exclusive use of the chalet, for up to 8 guests, to include full gourmet catering, open bar and in-resort chauffeur service. No travel included.
- Ski-In, Ski-Out
- Indoor/Outdoor Swimming Pool with Wave Machine & Jet Streams
- Hammam/Steam room
- Massage Treatment Room
- Wine Cellar
- Cigar Room
- Electric Drop-down HD Movie Screen
- Ski Room with Boot Warmers
- Private Carport for up to 3 vehicles
Chalet Himalaya has four fully en-suite bedrooms which can be set up as king-size double beds or twins on request.
Castenz Deluxe Suite - King-size double/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with marble bath, rain shower and steam room, and fireplace.
Kosciusko Deluxe Suite - King-size double/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with marble bath, rain shower and steam room, and fireplace.
Denali Grand Suite - Super king-size double/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with marble bath, rain shower and steam room, and fireplace.
Everest Grand Suite - Super king-size double/twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with marble bath, rain shower and steam room, and fireplace.
Chalet Himalaya is exceptionally well-positioned as a ski in, ski out location, with the famous World Cup downhill ‘Coupe du Monde OK' slope on one side and the popular green ‘Verte' slope on the other. The helicopter landing pad is less than a minute away by car. There is a chauffeured 4×4 laid on from 8.30am to 11pm every day to take guests wherever they wish to go.
ServicesThe winter booking price includes:
- Luxury accommodation on your chosen dates
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Champagne reception
- Dedicated service from a professional team
- Tea or coffee in bed, breakfast and afternoon tea daily
- Champagne and canapés daily
- Mouth watering dinners prepared by the chef (5 nights)
- Carefully selected house wines
- An open spirit bar and a range of soft drinks
- Luxury bath products
- Fresh flowers and daily newspapers
- In resort chauffeured vehicles
We can also arrange:
- Private or scheduled flights
- Use of airport lounges worldwide
- Resort transfers by taxi or helicopter
- Car hire
- Comprehensive winter sports travel insurance
- Special family and corporate events
- In-chalet equipment fitting and lift passes
- Ski lessons and guiding from hand-picked guides
- Extensive in-resort activities
- A la carte wines and champagnes
- In-chalet childcare
- Personal laundry service (in-house and dry cleaning)
- In-chalet massage and beauty therapy