You must be logged in
The brainchild of Heinz Julen, the highly acclaimed Swiss designer and architect, the cutting-edge Backstage Loft is a fabulous contemporary chalet. The latest edition in Zermatt's increasing stable of luxury chalets, the property sleeps ten people in five en-suite bedrooms.
Boasting incredible views of the iconic Matterhorn, the chalet nestles on the edge of the river, ideally located a short stroll from the main Klein Matterhorn ski lift and the village centre.
Central to the Backstage Loft is its large, airy, and bright open-plan kitchen, living, and dining area in the main structure, which features floor-to-ceiling windows that enhance the unique architectural style and charm of the chalet and open wood fire.
From this central area, guests access four of the spacious en-suite bedrooms. The fifth master bedroom is located in the adjoining glass-encased converted 700-year-old chalet, the design of which show-cases its original wooden beams.
After an exhilarating day on the slopes, guests can take in the latest movie in the chalet's dedicated cinema or relay with a glass of champagne in the indoor hot tub. The hot tub is encased by windows allowing the spectacular back-drop to fill your senses. However, if this isn't enough, with the touch of a button, the glass wall can be opened and the indoor hot tub is magically transformed into an outdoor one.
The lower floor of the chalet houses the wellness area with shower, Hammam, sauna and fitness area, as well as ski room.
The Backstage Loft is a one-off masterpiece fusing the historic wooden architecture of the ancient adjoining chalet, with the contemporary flair of the main chalet. To complement the overall design of the building, Heinz Julen has custom-made every fitting and piece of furniture in his own design studio and workshop located in the village. This property truly is a jewel in Zermatt's luxury chalet offerings and the experienced team will ensure that your stay is as memorable as the chalet itself.
Prices are for exclusive use of the chalet to include full gourmet catering and complimentary drinks bar. No travel included.
Rates also available on request for Bed and Breakfast or Self Catered board.
- Indoor/Outdoor Hot Tub
- Hammam/Steam Room
- TV Room with Home Cinema System
- Stunning Matterhorn Views
- Wood-burning Fireplace
- Private Elevator
- Ski Room with Heated Boot Warmers
- Complimentary use of the Backstage Hotel Wellness/Spa Area
1 x King-size double bedroom with en-suite shower room and balcony access.
1 x King-size double bedroom with en-suite shower room and terrace access.
1 x Duplex king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room, terrace access and separate outside entrance (if required).
1 x King-size double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
1 x King-size double/twin bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Please note the Cinema Room can be made into a Double/Twin with en-suite if required
The Loft is situated in a quiet residential district in the centre of Zermatt, but at the same time located next to the cable cars to the respective ski area. The resort centre is approximately 3 minutes walk with the ski lift and piste just 2 minutes.
- Exclusive use of the chalet
- Professional chef and hosting staff
- Concierge service prior to arrival and for the duration of the stay
- Shuttle Service to the Chalet within the resort on arrival/departure day
- Welcome Champagne Reception
- Welcome Basket with an assortment of fruits and chocolates
- Meeting with Chef and Chalet Manger to discuss the weekly menu
- Daily housekeeping service
- Daily continental breakfast buffet with chalet host
- Daily afternoon tea with sweet pastries from the patisserie
- Three course dinner on six evenings during a 7 night stay
- Early children's supper on six evenings
- The finest selection of complimentary house wines with dinner, beers and soft drink
- Complimentary spirits bar
- Mid-week bed towel change
- Robes, slippers and toiletries
- Hairdryers in every bathroom
- Lift pass delivery service (upon request)
- Complimentary access to the theme spa/wellness area and cinema at the Backstage Hotel – 10 min. walk
Additional Services (Extra Charges Apply):
- Airport transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Ski passes
- Ski equipment rental
- Massages/cosmetic treatments in the chalet
- Private ski instructor/mountain tour guide
- Additional activities
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Private Party/DJ/entertainment/event planning